Pressure Cooker Bolognese With Butternut Squash Spirals
Image credits: www.greengiant.com
Posted on 07/04/2019
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
2 TB Olive oil
4 oz Chopped pancetta
2 Carrots, chopped
1 Small onion, chopped
2 Cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 pound Lean ground beef
1/2 pound Lean ground pork
1/2 cup White wine
1 (28 oz) can Crushed tomatoes
2 TB Tomato paste
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup Heavy cream
1 (12 oz) package Green Giant Veggie Spirals Butternut Squash, thawed and drained
1. Add olive oil to pressure cooker. Select the Sauté setting; add pancetta and cook 1 minute. Add carrots, onion, garlic and salt and cook 2 minutes.
2. Add beef and pork and cook until browned. Stir in wine. Press Cancel.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and Italian seasoning to the pot. Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve. Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting. (If using Manual setting, select High pressure.)
4. Set the timer to 10 minutes. When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure
5. Select the Sauté setting on electric pressure cooker
6. Stir in heavy cream and Green Giant Veggie Spirals® Butternut Squash. Simmer 3 minutes. Press Cancel.
7. Serve Bolognese with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.